- (often followed by `to') devoted exclusively to a single use or purpose or person
"a fund sacred to charity"
"a morning hour sacred to study"
- concerned with religion or religious purposes
- worthy of respect or dedication
"saw motherhood as woman's sacred calling"
- Saturdays are sacred.
- It's a sacred right.
- Meal time is sacred.
- If anything is sacred the human body is sacred.
- It is a sacred right.
- Silence is golden, not sacred.
- Cows are sacred to Hindus.
- This shrine is sacred to Jupiter.
- Cows are sacred animals to Hindus.
- Cats were sacred animals in ancient Egypt.
- Man is something sacred for man.
- In India, cows are sacred animals.
- Cows are, for Hindus, sacred animals.
- In India, the cow is a sacred animal.
- The sacred ceremony was held in the magnificent temple.