- a receptacle for catching waste products for further use
- a net hung between ship and pier while loading a ship
- a sail set to catch wind spilled from a larger sail
- I must save her at all costs.
- All the workers went home save one.
- To save the earth, all of us must do something.
- I must save the drowning child by all means.
- Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.
- either [(c) all ovine or caprine animals have not been vaccinated against this disease, save those vaccinated with Rev. 1 vaccine more than two years ago;
- Save where otherwise provided in the call for proposals, all participants in an indirect action shall conclude an agreement, hereinafter ‘the consortium agreement’, to govern, inter alia, the following:
- ‘Article 2 Without prejudice to Title II of Regulation (EC) No 1291/2000, and save as otherwise provided for in this Regulation, all imports of milk products shall be subject to presentation of an import licence.’;
- Save where otherwise provided in the call for proposals, all participants in an indirect action shall conclude an agreement, hereinafter ‘the consortium agreement’, to govern inter alia the following:
- save all information from charts, log books, electronic and magnetic recording and video tapes, including information from VDRs and other electronic devices relating to the period preceding, during and after an accident;
- All the provisions of this Convention, save those to which the special provisions of this section make an exception, shall apply to the transport of heavy or bulky goods under the TIR procedure.
- Save as otherwise expressly provided, the date to be used for the purposes of all the provisions governing the common transit procedure shall be the date of acceptance of the declaration by the competent authorities.
- All of them reported exports of candles to the Community during the IP and, save for one producer with rather insignificant export volumes, expressed a wish to participate in the sample.
- Save as otherwise provided for in this Regulation, Articles 81 to 86 of the Treaty and implementation provisions thereof shall, subject to Articles 176 to 177 of this Regulation, apply to all agreements, decisions and practices referred to in Articles 81(1) and 82 of the Treaty which relate to the production of, or trade in, the products covered by this Regulation.’;
- On the contrary, the fact that BNFL did not finally accept to participate in the restructuring plan before the UK Government announced its involvement can be viewed as proof that BNFL was not ready to save BE at any cost, and would preferred to wait for the intervention of the State, like all other creditors did.