- capable of sealing itself as after being pierced
- seals without the application of moisture
- defective isolation taps or self-sealing valve
- Tap or self sealing valve defective.
- Crashworthy according to military standards; self-sealing
- Tap or self-sealing valve defective.
- the military version is equipped with a crashworthy fuel system which is self-sealing and which can be refilled during flight, in line with military requirements for other helicopters; the civil version of the fuel system has more limited crashworthiness,
- Incorporating means of protecting hydraulic lines against externally induced punctures caused by ballistic fragments (e.g. incorporating self-sealing lines) and designed to use hydraulic fluids with flash points higher than 839 K (566 °C); or