- the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text
"a petty argument about semantics"
- You're arguing semantics.
- Prosody semantics is related to pragmatics.
- It's all a matter of semantics.
- What could be duller than a semantics class with Ben Stein?
- Lojban is designed to be unambiguous in orthography, phonology, morphology, and grammar. Lojban semantics, however, must support the same breadth of human thought as natural languages.
- establish an appropriate mechanism in cooperation with the relevant standards development organisations, the Commission and the World Health Organisation, to involve national research centres, relevant industries and stakeholders in the development of health semantics to advance in implementation efforts of interoperable electronic health record systems;