the branch of medical science that deals with serums; especially with blood serums and disease
- For serology
- Serology meat juice
- Serology and detection of antibodies for evidence of disease; biomedical research
- All samples of meat juice for serology shall be stored frozen for two years.
- Methods, procedures and criteria used to establish the presence and identity of the micro-organism (e.g. morphology, biochemistry, serology, etc.)
- The muscle sample for serology shall be kept frozen until analysis, which shall be carried out immediately after thawing.
- For rabies serology, the Community grants financial assistance to the AFSSA, Laboratoire d’études sur la rage et la pathologie des animaux sauvages, Nancy, France
- a muscle sample for serology on meat juice or blood (if equivalent to the method on meat juice) from all selected pigs.
- Article 10 For rabies serology, the Community grants financial assistance to the AFSSA, Laboratoire d’études sur la rage et la pathologie des animaux sauvages, Nancy, France
- Blood group serology testing shall include procedures for testing specific groups of donors (e.g. first time donors, donors with a history of transfusion).
- overall results of the study (samples analysed by bacteriology and serology, number of positive, serovar, phage type and antibiotic resistance testing).
- Diagnostic laboratories must have facilities for post-mortem examination, the necessary capacity for serology, histology etc. and must maintain the skills for rapid diagnosis.
- A number of Member States volunteered to carry out the additional analyses by taking carcase swabs or carrying out serology on meat juice.
- sentinel birds: 20 tracheal/oropharyngeal and 20 cloacal swabs and 20 blood samples for serology using the HI test prior to the time of departure.
- In non-vaccinated flocks this surveillance is carried out by serology and in vaccinated flocks it is carried out by tracheal swabs of ratites.