accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- The short circuit blew a fuse.
- I spilled jam on the electric outlet and there was a short circuit.
- The circulatory system consists of a short and a long circuit.
- The audience believed it to be part of the act, rather than a short circuit.
- The fuel-injection system electronic, fuel quantity and timing actuator(s) for circuit continuity (i.e. open circuit or short circuit) and total functional failure.
- the fuel-injection system electronic, fuel quantity and timing actuator(s) for circuit continuity (i.e. open circuit or short circuit) and total functional failure.
- This basic parameter covers the disconnection of power supply in case of short circuit.
- .5 short-circuit protection only shall be provided for steering gear control supply circuits.
- The battery terminals shall be protected against the risk of short circuit.
- .5 short circuit protection only shall be provided for steering gear control supply circuits.
- .7.1 Each separate circuit shall be protected against short circuit and against overload, except as permitted in Regulations II-1/C/6 and II-1/C/7.
- ‘Electrical circuit failure’ means a malfunction (e.g. open circuit or short circuit) that leads to the measured signal (i.e. voltages, currents, frequencies, etc.) being outside the range where the transfer function of the sensor is designed to operate.
- All electrical connections of the VAS must be short-circuit proof against earth, maximum 13 V and/or fused.
- A break, impedance, or short-circuit to earth in the electrical circuit, defects in the hydraulic or pneumatic leads, Bowden cables, solenoids or other components controlling or transmitting the energy intended to activate the concealment device.
- New entrants (or other authorised operators) often have to rely on the incumbent to provide a short-distance leased circuit to link the customer’s premises to the new entrant’s network (a leased line part circuit).