- the side of an automobile tire
"the car had white sidewalls"
- a wall that forms the side of a structure
- SECTION HEIGHT (H) SIDEWALL
- SIDEWALL NOMINAL RIM DIAMETER (d)
- This marking may be affixed to one sidewall only.
- It may also include renovation of the outermost sidewall surface.
- The date code may be marked on one sidewall only.
- This indication may be placed on one sidewall only.
- non-repairable tread or sidewall material separation from the carcass;
- exposed cords due to tread wear or sidewall scuffing;
- structural damage in the area of the sidewall.
- “Casing” is the worn tyre comprising carcass and remaining tread and sidewall material.
- The number shall be applied to each sidewall of the vehicle in the following manner:
- These will be considered as forming part of the vehicle sidewall.
- ‘Sidewall’ means the part of a pneumatic tyre between the tread and the bead  See explanatory figure. ;
- “Re-capping” — replacement of the tread and with the new material extending over part of the sidewall;