- wet or smeared with a spilled liquid or moist material
"a sloppy floor"
"a sloppy saucer"
- lacking neatness or order
"a sloppy room"
- We're getting sloppy.
- He's a sloppy kisser.
- Tom is a sloppy painter.
- Tom did a sloppy job.
- Tom was accused of doing sloppy work.
- He's very sloppy in his dress.
- Edit your work better before you submit it, it's sloppy.
- He said he dashed this proposal off in one sitting. It's pretty sloppy.
- Whether it's national economics, family economics, or personal economics, it's not something where sloppy accounting is good enough.
- This year's freshly inducted employees are, to a man, lacking in concentration, and their sloppy work leaves me speechless.