- a tributary of the Columbia River that rises in Wyoming and flows westward; discovered in 1805 by the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer
- move along a winding path
"The army snaked through the jungle"
- form a snake-like pattern
"The river snakes through the valley"
- move smoothly and sinuously, like a snake
- The snake is wriggling.
- You are a snake!
- That snake is poisonous.
- Is the snake alive?
- This snake is not venomous.
- I just touched a snake.
- The snake reared its head.
- The snake swallowed a frog.
- The snake coils itself up.
- The snake sheds its skin.
- Which snake has the longest fangs?
- She screamed when she saw a snake.
- It is the snake that tempts Eve.
- Is this snake safe to touch?
- The snake bit me in the leg.