- the state or situation of being alone
- a solitary place
- Some people enjoy solitude.
- The misanthrope enjoys his solitude.
- All it takes is concentration and solitude.
- He likes to spend some time in solitude every day.
- I like to go to a cabin in the woods to enjoy solitude.
- We shouldn't confuse solitude with isolation. They are two separate things.
- I didn’t want to go; I preferred to stay home, enjoying my solitude.
- The very pure spirit does not bother about the regard of others or human respect, but communes inwardly with God, alone and in solitude as to all forms, and with delightful tranquility, for the knowledge of God is received in divine silence.
- Bitches seek solitude in a quiet area for parturition and rearing of young.