- an individual or group who are concerned with some particular part of the economy and who try to influence legislators or bureaucrats to act in their favor
- There is nothing special interest to me.
- It's not like I've got any special interest in gym shorts - I've not got that fetish, I think.
- SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR THE STATUTORY AUDITS OF PUBLIC-INTEREST ENTITIES
- without adversely affecting the countryside or places of special interest.
- Encourage European companies (on-line access suppliers, special-interest channels, etc.)
- with minimum adverse effects on the nature or places of special interest;
- NATURAL HABITAT TYPES OF COMMUNITY INTEREST WHOSE CONSERVATION REQUIRES THE DESIGNATION OF SPECIAL AREAS OF CONSERVATION
- Grant special support to films of interest for the development of European cultural and linguistic diversity.
- This is of special interest for the evaluation of Level II data at the national level.
- In such cases, when evaluating the Community interest of the measures, special account shall be taken of the interest of the region.
- ANIMAL AND PLANT SPECIES OF COMMUNITY INTEREST WHOSE CONSERVATION REQUIRES THE DESIGNATION OF SPECIAL AREAS OF CONSERVATION
- Special attention should be given to States which have expressed an interest in launching a nuclear power programme.
- Grant special support to films of interest for the enhancement of Europe's cultural and linguistic diversity and audiovisual heritage.
- identification and mapping of special habitat types, especially those recognised or identified under Community legislation (the Habitats Directive and the Birds Directive) or international conventions as being of special scientific or biodiversity interest,
- Consequently, future and current interest on claims forming part of the special-purpose reserve must be used solely for social-housing construction.