- resistant to change of position or condition
"a stable ladder"
"a stable peace"
- firm and dependable; subject to little fluctuation
"the economy is stable"
- maintaining equilibrium
- not taking part readily in chemical change
- Tom is stable.
- Tom isn't stable.
- Memory is not stable.
- The wormhole is stable.
- This stable contains twelve stalls.
- Prices are stable these days.
- The Japanese yen is a stable currency.
- The economy of Japan is still stable.
- The market never reaches stable equilibrium.
- And your transfer function, is it stable?
- This railing is not as stable as it could be.
- The stable is right behind the farm house.
- The government of that country is now stable.
- Prices have been stable for the past three years.
- He is a man of strong, stable and trustworthy character.