- not circulating or flowing
- not growing or changing; without force or vitality
- You shouldn't drink stagnant water.
- I always have to check my yard for stagnant pools of water so mosquitoes don't breed there.
- Employment growth was almost stagnant in 2008 and is expected to become negative in 2009.
- Pessimistic hypothesis: Reduced tonnages in the supermarket sector in 2009/2010, contrary to what is forecast in the intermediate scenario; stagnant tonnages in the out-of-home dining sector and insufficient development of this market; average apparent price of EUR 3,48 compared to EUR 3,53 in the median hypothesis.