- a slender tube inserted inside a tubular body part (as a blood vessel) to provide support during and after surgical anastomosis
- There are three main players in the carotid stent market: J & J, Guidant and Boston Scientific.
- There are three main players in the carotid stent market: J & J, Guidant and Boston Scientific. Together they account for 83 to 96 % of the market.
- Numerically controlled stent crimping machine comprising a base, a pneumatic crimp head and a motorised product positioning mechanism (V-block) to crimp a stent onto the balloon of a catheter using radial pressure in the manufacture of drug eluting stents 
- In this area the main device is the stent, a small expandable wire tube that is placed in an occluded coronary artery to remove the plaque and support the walls of the vessel, thus enabling the blood to flow properly.
- Moreover, despite the fact that BMS and DES share the same stent structure and delivery system, a number of components are specifically important to a coronary DES (the drug, drug dosage and rate of release, and polymer coatings).