- (especially of weather) affected or characterized by storms or commotion
"a stormy day"
"wide and stormy seas"
- It's stormy.
- The weather is stormy.
- It all started on a stormy day.
- It was stormy the day before yesterday.
- We expect stormy days this fall.
- It was a dark and stormy night.
- It was very stormy in the afternoon.
- The evening he died was stormy.
- There is no going out on such a stormy day.
- There is no going out in this stormy weather.
- There is a risk that it may become stormy.
- We saw the boat tossing on the stormy sea.
- Wet and stormy areas will get wetter and stormier.
- It's hard to fall asleep on stormy summer nights.
- I hope this stormy weather won't go on.