- (physics) the interaction that binds protons and neutrons together in the nuclei of atoms; mediated by gluons
- The bridge couldn't sustain the force of the strong current and collapsed.
- He has grown strong. Only together can we turn him to the dark side of the Force.
- The longitudinal compressive force has a strong effect on safety against derailment of a vehicle.
- Space sciences not only provide deep insights into the structure of the universe, improved understanding of Planet Earth and the Solar System, and a new approach to bio-medicine and life and physical sciences, they are also a strong driving force for new technology developments with many subsequent applications of benefit to society.
- The fact that, despite the existence of high anti-dumping duties (58,6 %) in force against Chinese imports, the Chinese exporting producers managed to increase substantially their exports to the EU from 2550 tonnes in 2004 to 10268 tonnes in the RIP indicates the continued strong interest of Chinese exporters in the EU market.