- gekristalliseerde suiker, kandijklontjes
made by boiling pure sugar until it hardens
- Candy sugar
- candy sugar;
- ‘candy sugar’ means sugar which:
- Therefore a precise definition of candy sugar should be laid down.
- However, this limit shall not apply to export refunds to be fixed for candy sugar.
- Candy sugar, which is manufactured from white sugar or refined raw sugar, very often has a degree of polarisation of less than 99,5 %.
- Candy sugar is defined in Commission Regulation (EC) No 2135/95 of 7 September 1995 laying down detailed rules of application for the grant of export refunds in the sugar sector .
- In view of the high degree of purity of the raw material used, the refund on candy sugar should be as close as possible to the refund on white sugar.