- the act of subjecting to experimental test in order to determine how well something works
"they agreed to end the testing of atomic weapons"
- Tom is testing us.
- You're testing my patience.
- I'm testing it now.
- Further testing is needed.
- Tom is testing me.
- Further testing is required.
- I'm testing my new camera.
- Testing Koko's IQ is not easy.
- It is still in the testing stage.
- Bureaucrats are testing the waters over revising old regulations.
- The research director had the department do a thorough job in testing the new product.
- The letters STEP stand for the Society for Testing English Proficiency.
- A scientific theory is a hypothesis that has been proved by testing.
- The salesman claimed the windshield was unbreakable, testing it with a punch that went straight through it.