- used to allude to the securities industry of Great Britain
- the part of London situated within the ancient boundaries; the commercial and financial center of London
- The city is small.
- I’m from the city.
- The city is big.
- The city sleeps.
- The city hall is in the center of the city.
- The governor visited the city.
- Our forces occupied the city.
- I visit the city yearly.
- He knows the city well.
- He lives outside the city.
- Where is the city hall?
- This hill overlooks the city.
- I'm living in the city.
- Volcanic ash covered the city.
- We drove across the city.