- de wetenschap over God, het goddelijke en de godsdienst, die steunt op gegevens van de openbaring
- the learned profession acquired by specialized courses in religion (usually taught at a college or seminary)
"he studied theology at Oxford"
- You don't have to study theology to be a believer.
- The secret of Hegel's dialectic lies ultimately in this alone, that it negates theology through philosophy in order then to negate philosophy through theology.
- Contrary to Newton's public image, most of his work was not devoted to science but rather to theology, mysticism and alchemy.
- The study of theology as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and admits of no conclusion.