think the world of
to think the world of
- You think of the world too romantically.
- We think the world of you.
- And just think, you're on the other side of the world.
- Children of Łazarz think their mother Felicja is the most beautiful woman in the world.
- It's important for us to think about the future of the world.
- What do you think we must do in order to maintain the peace of the world?
- The world is in dire need of those who think in a more open-minded way.
- "Besides," she says, "it doesn't cost much when you think it's the other side of the world.
- Whenever I'm feeling pessimistic about the future of the world, I just think of how much has changed even in the time that I can remember.
- Falling in love is the one illogical adventure, the one thing of which we are tempted to think as supernatural, in our trite and reasonable world.
- He was alone in the world; if he were to die, who would feel sorry for him? Who would think of him?
- We all have a tendency to think that the world must conform to our prejudices. The opposite view involves some effort of thought, and most people would die sooner than think — in fact they do so.
- Given our interdependence, any world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will inevitably fail. So whatever we think of the past, we must not be prisoners of it.
- It is, I think, an indisputable fact that Americans are, as Americans, the most self-conscious people in the world, and the most addicted to the belief that the other nations of the earth are in a conspiracy to undervalue them.
- The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.