- interrogation often accompanied by torture to extort information or a confession
- The suspect was given the third degree until he confessed his crime.
- relative through marriage to the third degree.
- Also nephews and nieces to the third degree where the competent institution is a Greek institution.
- Also, nephews and nieces to the third degree where the competent institution is a Greek institution.
- Involves second or third degree burns, or any burns affecting more than 5 % of the body surface; or
- the operation of paragraph (3) is without prejudice to the existing degree of liberalisation towards third countries,
- involves second or third degree burns, or any burns affecting more than 5 % of the body surface; or
- Depending on the degree of hydrolysis the cyclopentenyl ring may be cleaved with the resultant production of a third carboxyl function.
- While lower than the degree of switching in e.g. Austria, where the degree of switching for large and very large industrial customers amounted to 41,5 % , the degree of switching in Italy is still considerable, involving nearly one third of the large and medium sized industrial customers.
- ‘doctoral programme’ (third cycle) means a research-related programme of higher education study that follows a higher education degree and leads to a doctoral degree offered by a higher education institution or, in those Member States where this is in accordance with national law and practice, by a research centre;
- This would suggest that imports from other third countries are (at most) undercutting the Community industry prices to a lesser degree than dumped imports, or that they would not undercut at all.
- To be completed where the grant is claimed under Belgian legislation, if the claimant is not the deceased person's spouse, relative or relative through marriage to the third degree.
- third-country nationals applying to reside in a Member State as students within the meaning of Directive 2004/114/EC in order to carry out research leading to a doctoral degree;
- F = grandchildren, brothers and sisters whom the person concerned has taken into his household. Also nephews and nieces to the third degree where the competent institution is a Greek institution.
- ‘doctoral candidate’ (candidate in third cycle) means an early-stage researcher at the beginning of his/her research career, starting at the date of obtaining the degree which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate;