any of numerous sun-loving low-growing evergreens of the genus Armeria having round heads of pink or white flowers
extreme care in spending money; reluctance to spend money unnecessarily
- Practice thrift!
- A small income obliges us to thrift.
- I bought it in a thrift store.
- Thrift is alien to my nature.
- The speaker laid stress on the need for thrift.
- ING Direct US had under the US law the status of a ‘US Thrift institution’, this status required from ING Direct US to invest the majority of its collected savings in US mortgages loans or US mortgage loan related investments.