move or jerk quickly and involuntarily up and down or sideways
a reflex motion caused by cold or fear or excitement
- Sentences tremble!
- I felt my hands tremble.
- Tom felt his knees tremble.
- Anger caused him to tremble.
- We felt the earth tremble.
- She felt her knees tremble.
- When the lion roars, the zebras tremble.
- There was a tremble in her voice.
- He began to tremble during the movie.
- The earth was felt to tremble.
- The terrible scene made him tremble in fear.
- I tremble with fear at the thought of an injection.
- The mere idea of swimming across the river made me tremble.
- What could cause the body to tremble all over and lose strength?
- I may seem confident, but I get extremely nervous speaking in front of people. My hands tremble, I get all tongue-tied, and sometimes I don't even know what I'm saying myself.