used in negative statement to describe a situation that has existed up to this point or up to the present time
- Up until now, they've been good neighbors.
- I hadn't really considered that until now.
- I recorded the conditions up until now!
- This fact was not known until now.
- Until now I've never used an axe.
- I didn't see you until now.
- I have been lucky until now.
- Until now, no one has ever seen a Martian.
- No, until now she has never fallen in love.
- Until now, I've never been spoken to by a foreigner.
- For some reason the microphone wasn't working until now.
- This rat, up until just now he was my partner and now he's gone and turned on me.
- Until now the city of Bilbao has been characterized as a place of international renown.
- I am at school now and I will stay here until 8 o'clock.
- You've certainly been hoping for my love, but until now it has been flatly denied.