- upward on a hill or incline
"this street lay uphill"
- against difficulties
"she was talking uphill"
- Our car pulled uphill.
- This is an uphill road.
- It was an uphill struggle.
- The road is uphill all the way.
- Greenpeace is fighting an uphill battle to save the environment.
- When I was your age, we had to walk uphill to school, both ways.
- There's a grueling uphill stretch of road at mile 23 of the marathon.
- After an uphill struggle against great odds they finally got the company on its feet again.
- Further, electricity produced in pumped storage units from water that has previously been pumped uphill should not be considered to be electricity produced from renewable energy sources.
- When the vehicles are stationary no uncontrolled movement of the CCD may occur under any circumstances including long term uphill parking.
- Parking the vehicle and leaving a parking space (parallel, oblique or right-angle, forwards or in reverse, on the flat, uphill or downhill);
- the quantity of electricity actually generated in year i by all hydropower plants of the Member State measured in GWh, excluding production from pumped storage units using water that has previously been pumped uphill;
- For the purposes of paragraph 1(a), gross final consumption of electricity from renewable energy sources shall be calculated as the quantity of electricity produced in a Member State from renewable energy sources, excluding the production of electricity in pumped storage units from water that has previously been pumped uphill.