- doorsnede van iets
- a mechanical drawing showing the interior of an object as if made by a vertical plane passing through it
- Vertical section
- Lateral view of vertical struts Section
- Section C Trace of vertical median plane of seat
- Section A-A of the vehicle in the vertical plane of the centre-line of the inboard seats.
- ‘body section’ means a section containing at least two identical vertical pillars on each side representative of a part or parts of the structure of the vehicle;
- The axis of the pyramid shall be vertical and its smaller section shall contact the aperture area of the escape hatch.
- ‘Bonnet leading edge height’ for any section of a vehicle means the vertical distance between the ground and the bonnet leading edge reference line at that point;
- ‘Frontal protection system leading edge height’ for any vertical longitudinal section of the frontal protection system means the vertical distance between the ground reference level and the frontal protection system leading edge reference line at that section, with the vehicle positioned in its normal ride attitude;
- Any section of sprinklers shall not serve more than two decks and shall not be situated in more than one main vertical zone, unless it can be demonstrated that arrangements with a section of sprinklers serving more than two decks or situated in more than one main vertical zone will not reduce the protection of the ship against fire.
- The geometry of the bodywork section, the axis of rotation and the position of the centre of gravity in the vertical and lateral directions shall be representative of the complete vehicle.
- The articulated section that interconnects rigid portions of the vehicle shall be so designed and constructed as to allow at least one rotary movement about at least one horizontal axis, and at least one vertical axis.
- In ships fitted with individually identifiable fire detectors, a section may serve spaces on both sides of the ship and on several decks but may not be situated in more than one main vertical zone.
- Partitions between cabins, partitions between cabins and corridors and vertical partitions separating lounges according to section 10 shall comply with Type B15, for rooms fitted with pressurised sprinkler systems B0.
- ‘Bumper lead’ for any longitudinal section of a vehicle means the horizontal distance measured in any vehicle vertical longitudinal plane between the upper bumper reference line and the bonnet leading edge reference line;
- The appropriate proportion of the energy prescribed in Sub-appendix 1 to this appendix shall be applied to the bodywork section by the pendulum such that at the moment of impact the direction of motion of the pendulum makes an angle of 25 degrees (+ 0o, - 5o) to the central longitudinal vertical plane of the bodywork section.