a signal that involves visual communication
- The ground/air visual codes for use by survivors, description and use of signal aids; and
- the ground/air visual codes for use by survivors, description and use of signal aids; and
- Good: The driver may control the ‘incoming phone call’ acoustic signal and select a mode where only a visual signal is displayed.
- Any fault occurring shall activate a visual and acoustic alarm signal on the control panel which can be distinguished from a fire alarm signal.
- ‘Operating tell-tale’ means a visual or auditory signal (or any equivalent signal) indicating that a device has been switched on and is operating correctly or not;
- Occurrence of a fault condition shall initiate a visual and audible fault signal at the control panel which shall be distinct from a fire signal.
- In the event of failure of the special equipment, a visual or acoustic signal must give warning of such failure.
- Any termination of control shall produce a short but distinctive driver warning by a visual signal and either an acoustic signal or by imposing a tactile warning signal on the steering control.
- Additionally, in areas of high ambient noise an audible alarm shall be required to be supplemented by an intermittent visual signal at the door.
- If neither of these possibilities is applicable, before the machinery starts, an acoustic and/or visual warning signal must be given.
- Transmit a message (acoustic or visual signal or radio message by mobile phone) by the driver or an automatic system to the train crew working among the passengers.
- Activation of a fire detector shall set off a visual and acoustic fire alarm signal at the control panel and the indicator devices.
- The activation of any detector or manually operated call point shall initiate a visual and audible fire signal at the control panel and indicating units.
- Additionally, in passenger areas and areas of high ambient noise, the Administration of the flag State may require the audible alarm to be supplemented by an intermittent visual signal at the door; and
- The activation of a fire detector in an individual cabin in this fire detection zone shall set off a visual and acoustic signal in the passageway outside that cabin.