process of treating rubber or rubberlike materials with sulphur at great heat to improve elasticity and strength or to harden them
- two-component room temperature vulcanisation moulding kits (RTV-2 moulding kits),
- one-component and two-component room temperature vulcanisation sealants (RTV-1 and RTV-2 sealants) and adhesives,
- natural rubber modified by grafting or mixing with plastics, depolymerised natural rubber, mixtures of unsaturated synthetic substances with saturated synthetic high polymers provided that all the abovementioned products comply with the requirements concerning vulcanisation, elongation and recovery in (a) above.
- Any activity of mixing, milling, blending, calendering, extrusion and vulcanisation of natural or synthetic rubber and any ancillary operations for converting natural or synthetic rubber into a finished product.
- unsaturated synthetic substances which can be irreversibly transformed by vulcanisation with sulphur into non-thermoplastic substances which, at a temperature between 18 and 29 °C, will not break on being extended to three times their original length and will return, after being extended to twice their original length, within a period of five minutes, to a length not greater than one-and-a-half times their original length.