work of art
work of art
art that is a product of one of the fine arts (especially a painting or sculpture of artistic merit)
- Her garden is a work of art.
- It's a wonderful work of art.
- This peach is a work of art.
- I work in the field of art.
- His garden is a work of art.
- That painting by Rembrandt is a work of art.
- This we can call a work of art.
- A man who concentrates before a work of art is absorbed by it. In contrast, the distracted mass absorbs the work of art.
- Benjamin called the sense of awe and reverence experienced before a great work of art "aura".
- A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
- To my great relief, her new work of art added to her reputation.
- Shouldn't we make our fields - our entire life - an immense work of art in four dimensions?
- The work of art, I decided, was the final product of human activity, and the final justification for all the misery, the endless toil and the frustrated strivings of humanity.
- The work of art that says something confronts us itself. That is, it expresses something in such a way that what is said is like a discovery, a disclosure of something previously concealed.
- The cleaner thought that she was only doing her job - in actual fact, she destroyed a modern work of art worth millions. Now the museum is struggling with how to handle the crisis.