- onwillekeurige opensperring v.d. mond; geeuw
- an involuntary intake of breath through a wide open mouth; usually triggered by fatigue or boredom
"the yawning in the audience told him it was time to stop"
- gaping open as if threatening to engulf someone or something
"the yawning mine shaft"
"a yawning abyss"
- with the mouth wide open indicating boredom or sleepiness
"a yawning congregation"
- Tom is yawning.
- Tom couldn't stop yawning.
- I am yawning because I feel sleepy.
- Yawning in a meeting is not polite.
- You should have seen yourself, yawning all through the meeting.
- Every time I looked at him, he was yawning.