the decade from 1950 to 1959
- She was born in the 1950s.
- The decline can be traced to the 1950s.
- Taiwan was far from being any kind of economic miracle in the 1950s.
- In the 1950s, Canadian mothers, who scolded their children, called them by their full names.
- The 1950s are characterized through a cold war between east and west.
- DDT is a carcinogen which was commonly used in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s.
- The term ‘milonguero style tango’ was coined in the early 1990s to describe the style of dancing tango that was prevalent in the milongas of downtown Buenos Aires in the 1950s.
- Until the 1950s, industry used textile and paper bags for carrying commodities.
- Its rediscovery by lovers of fine foods probably dates to the 1950s.
- The market for refining and petrochemicals technologies is a worldwide market open to competition since the 1950s.
- The introduction of the polyethylene bag in the 1950s triggered growing demand for this type of bag, which among other things met industry's needs for waterproof packaging.
- The predecessor of FSO had been in business in Poland since the 1950s and was one of the two largest Polish car manufacturers.
- Since 1950 there have been only two incidents (both in the 1950s) involving blasting explosives with a weight above 5000 kg.
- Since 1950 there have been only two incidents (both in the 1950s) involving blasting explosives with a weight above 5000 kg. The incidents were caused by a tyre fire and a hot exhaust system setting fire to the sheeting.
- In the context of major epidemics of foot-and-mouth disease (FMD) in the late 1950s both within the Community and in neighbouring countries, the European Commission for the Control of Foot-and-Mouth Disease (EUFMD) was founded within the framework of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations Organisation.