- refrain from voting
- I abstain from voting.
- Athletes usually abstain from smoking.
- My father tries to abstain from drinking.
- I'll abstain from going out today.
- The doctor advised him to abstain from drinking.
- Tom was told to abstain from smoking and drinking.
- The doctor has ordered the patient to abstain from wine.
- He was told to abstain from drinking by the doctor.
- He can't abstain from wine even for one day.
- True science teaches us to doubt and to abstain from ignorance.
- I had to abstain from smoking while I was in the hospital.
- If throughout your life you abstain from murder, theft, fornication, perjury, blasphemy, and disrespect toward your parents, your church, and your king, you are conventionally held to deserve moral admiration even if you have never done a single kind or generous or useful action.
- abstain from selling, transferring or using raw materials grown on land struck out of the contracts.
- RR members abstain when RR projects are discussed, but on the other hand are present when strategies are decided.
- Voting shall be by word of mouth and shall be expressed by ‘Yes’, ‘No’, or ‘I abstain’.