- a stroke of ill fortune; a calamitous event
- Face adversity with courage.
- Adversity strengthens the foundations.
- Adversity is the best school.
- We must learn to meet adversity gracefully.
- Despite adversity, the architect achieved worldwide fame.
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
- She carries on smiling even in the face of adversity.
- They must have struggled against adversity from their early days.
- Despite adversity, the ingenious man achieved worldwide fame.
- The poor widow with her two young children - herself an orphan - struggled bravely for a while against the fearful tide of adversity.
- Save as otherwise provided for in this Regulation, Directive 89/104/EEC, Council Directive 89/396/EEC of 14 June 1989 on indications or marks identifying the lot to which a foodstuff belongs, Directive 2000/13/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 March 2000 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to the labelling presentation and adversity of foodstuffs and Directive 2007/45/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 September 2007 laying down rules on nominal quantities for pre-packed products shall apply to the labelling and presentation of products falling within their scopes.Article 118y