- related by common characteristics or ancestry
- of or relating to or denoting the Allies in World War I
"an allied offensive"
- joined by treaty or agreement
- of or relating to or denoting the Allies in World War II
- Allied forces were attacking from the west.
- Coal is chemically allied to diamonds.
- Germany was once allied with Italy.
- The two parties allied to defeat the bill.
- Germany was allied with Italy in World War II.
- In late August, the Allied forces captured Paris.
- The war ended in victory for the Allied Powers.
- Allied military leaders found a way to defeat the Japanese plan.
- A virtue like honesty may be allied to a defect related to honesty, such as being too trusting, too ready to assume that others are as honest as oneself. In such a case we may say, "Hers were the defects of her virtues."
- Other wastes from chemical or allied industries:
- PRODUCTS OF THE CHEMICAL OR ALLIED INDUSTRIES
- Products of the chemical or allied industries
- Other wastes from chemical or allied industries
- other wastes from chemical or allied industries.
- 280 Printing, publishing and allied industries