- achterdeel, achterstuk, kont
the side of an object that is opposite its front
- He didn't come back in the end.
- I'll be back home toward the end of the month.
- She went back to England in the end.
- At the end of every day, his back was tired and his legs hurt.
- The manager will be out of the office all morning so call him back in the end of the day.
- The summer vacation has come to an end, and we will have to go back to school.
- By dint of pushing the words back to the beginning of the sentence, there only remained the two of them at the end: Mary, Tom.
- What began 21 months ago in the depths of winter cannot end on this autumn night. This victory alone is not the change we seek. It is only the chance for us to make that change. And that cannot happen if we go back to the way things were. It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice. So let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility, where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.
- You say that you're afraid of being disliked by other people, but you have some people that you dislike yourself, don't you? Arithmetically speaking, there are an equal number of people who you don't like that don't like you back. I'm not saying that if you end your dislike of someone, someone else will stop disliking you as well; it's just that you can't change the fact that if you dislike someone, then someone else dislikes you as well. Your life will go much smoother if you just give up and accept that truth.
- Measures concerning spent fuel (back-end contracts)
- The messages sent to the back-end are plain text XML-messages since the connection between the application and the back-end shall be in a protected environment.
- Fix the plate and fold back the free end of the tape at 90 deg.
- The UK Government will always remain ultimately responsible for the back-end and decommissioning liabilities.
- According to Portugal, the Infineon group has located its back-end operations in Portugal and Malaysia.
- The sub-groups shall report back to the Forum. To this end, they may appoint a rapporteur.