- prohibit especially by legal means or social pressure
"Smoking is banned in this building"
- 100 bani equal 1 leu in Moldova
- 100 bani equal 1 leu in Romania
- We should ban advertising aimed towards children.
- There's a hosepipe ban this summer.
- A wheat import ban was enacted.
- There are movements to try to ban TV advertising.
- They wanted to ban slavery everywhere in the United States.
- He asked the officials to lift the ban.
- President Jefferson ordered a ban on trade with Europe.
- The treaty did not ban nuclear tests under the ground.
- Shoes ... many courses ban shoes with spikes, so take care.
- Ban Ki-Moon needs $16 million more for his project.
- Germany is to ban employers from snooping on Facebook.
- The press ban on the case was removed yesterday.
- Last week the powerful Keidanren called on Tokyo to lift the ban.
- The local school board would go to any length to ban that book.
- Is it mere coincidence that "banality", when anagrammed, reads "Ban Italy"?