- a part that bulges deeply
"the belly of a sail"
- the hollow inside of something
"in the belly of the ship"
- the underpart of the body of certain vertebrates such as snakes or fish
- She's a belly dancer.
- The belly has no ears.
- Tom has a beer belly.
- The eye is bigger than the belly.
- I hit the man on the belly.
- Tom's eyes are larger than his belly.
- Fair words fill not the belly.
- She got her belly button pierced.
- I hit him in the belly.
- Mary is very good at belly dancing.
- In the belly, there are intestines, kidneys, liver, etc.
- The belly is not filled with fair words.
- You shouldn't have your eyes bigger than your belly.
- The child is wearing a belly-slip made of silk.
- A pot belly is an occupational hazard for office workers.