- one of the pads that apply friction to both sides of the brake disk
- Brake pad
- Compliance to design brake pad/block loads
- Design brake friction pair pad/block clearance
- Brake pad/block loads shall comply with design
- Brake pad/brake disc friction coefficient reduced as a result of dampness.
- ‘Backplate’ means a component of a pad assembly which carries the brake lining;
- On the first of a series of wagons, the brake pad or block application force shall be measured to confirm that it complies with the design.