- not in working order
"had to push the broken-down car"
"a broken-down tractor fit only for children to play on"
- The bus has broken down.
- My TV has broken down.
- My car has broken down.
- The plan has broken down.
- My radio has broken down again.
- The old building was broken down.
- The engine has broken down again.
- The washing machine has broken down.
- His health has broken down because of overwork.
- Unfortunately the expensive automobile that I purchased last week has broken down.
- I cannot drive Taninna to school. My car is broken down.
- My television was broken down, so I had to get it repaired.
- He found an old, broken chair and sat down at the piano.
- A broken-down car was standing in the middle of the road.
- I cannot go down the stairs. Both my legs are broken.