- official classification of information or documents; withheld from general circulation
"thousands of classified documents have now been declassified"
- arranged into classes
- This is classified.
- That's classified information.
- We can't reveal classified information.
- Whales are classified as mammals.
- That book is classified as "fiction."
- These can be classified roughly into three types.
- The librarian classified the books according to subject.
- In the post office, mail is classified according to the place where it is to go.
- Today, one of every seven people in Western Europe is classified as elderly.
- Criminal law, also known as penal law, involves prosecution for an act that has been classified as a crime.
- Data compression algorithms can be classified in two categories: those with data loss and those without data loss.
- In the first years that Coca-Cola was produced, it contained cocaine. In 1914, cocaine was classified as a narcotic, after which they used caffeine instead of cocaine in the production of Coca-Cola.
- Magic words and incantations are as fatal to our science as they are to any other. Methods, when classified and separated, acquire their true bearing and perspective as a means to an end, not as ends in themselves. We seek to find peace of mind in the word, the formula, the ritual. The hope is illusion.
- NOT CLASSIFIED