- necessitate or exact
"the water shortage compels conservation"
- If you want to be respected by others the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
- Bulgaria and Romania should use this system to compel identified operators to eliminate their individual surplus quantity from the Community market.
- ‘The new Member State shall use that system to compel the operators concerned to eliminate from the market at their own expense an equivalent quantity of sugar or isoglucose of their determined individual surplus quantity.
- Bulgaria and Romania shall each use the identification system referred in paragraph 1 to compel the operators concerned to eliminate from the market, at their own expense, a quantity of sugar or isoglucose equivalent to their individual surplus quantity.
- ACT commented that the condition concerning entrustment is only fulfilled when there is a legal mechanism to enforce the public service obligation, with real powers to compel the public operator to discharge the tasks assigned.
- “The EFTA States shall be free to compel cable companies operating on their territories to scramble or otherwise obscure spot advertisements for alcoholic beverages in programmes of television broadcasters whose main audience is in an EEA EFTA State.
- Member States shall ensure that the competent authorities have adequate powers, including the power to compel the production of any information that is relevant to monitoring compliance and perform checks, and have adequate resources to perform their functions.
- Furthermore, the opening of the market and the conditions set out in the PPAs compel MVM to purchase more electricity than it needs and lead it to resell that electricity on the free market through release mechanisms.
- Furthermore, the opening of the market and the conditions set out in the PPAs compel MVM to purchase more electricity than it needs and lead it to resell that electricity on the free market through release mechanisms. This in itself hampers new entries on the wholesale market.
- This should not compel Member States to change their existing reporting systems where the reporting is done through a public prosecutor or other law enforcement authorities, as long as the information is forwarded promptly and unfiltered to FIUs, allowing them to conduct their business properly, including international cooperation with other FIUs.
- Member States may compel the driver to take a daily rest period. Member States shall, where appropriate also withdraw, suspend or restrict an undertaking's licence, if the undertaking is established in that Member State, or withdraw, suspend or restrict a driver's driving licence.
- impose, on the persons and undertakings to which the Agency has issued a certificate, periodic penalty payments, calculated from the date set in the decision, in order to compel those persons and undertakings to comply with the provisions of this Regulation and its implementing rules.
- This policy, further described in section 37 of these Commitments, directs that API and PNR information could be shared with other Canadian government departments only for the purposes set out in section 2, unless the disclosure is made to comply with the subpoena or warrant issued, or an order made by, a court, person or body with jurisdiction in Canada to compel the production of the information or for the purposes of any judicial proceedings.