- an assemblage of people or animals or things collected together
"a congregation of children pleaded for his autograph"
"a great congregation of birds flew over"
- The priest blessed the congregation.
- The church congregation was moved by the fine sermon.
- The congregation was moved by the fine sermon.
- The priest blessed the congregation at the end of the mass.
- We exorcise you, every unclean spirit, every satanic power, every incursion of the infernal adversary, every legion, every congregation and diabolical sect.
- The man formerly known as the "priest" blessed a group of people that was formerly known as the "congregation", but could no longer be called so due to demanding technical criteria.
- Wine which has been produced by the liturgical method in the sense of the rules of the Jewish Congregation.