- a policy of creating strategic alliances in order to check the expansion of a hostile power or ideology or to force it to negotiate peacefully
"containment of communist expansion was a central principle of United States' foreign policy from 1947 to the 1975"
- the act of containing; keeping something from spreading
"the containment of the AIDS epidemic"
"the containment of the rebellion"
- (physics) a system designed to prevent the accidental release of radioactive material from a reactor
- Containment measures
- Flood containment
- Containment level
- Containment levels
- Containment system
- hazard containment,
- Complete biological containment facilities at P3, P4 containment level;
- Containment relating to animal health
- Containment relating to human health
- complete biological containment facilities at P3, P4 containment level;
- Containment systems at sea shall:
- CONTAINMENT AND OTHER PROTECTIVE MEASURES
- vessel/container/containment-equipment failure
- protective and containment equipment, as follows: