- waarheid ontkennen; de onwaarheid aantonen; tegenspreken
go against, as of rules and laws
- In addition, the Commission has no evidence that they could contravene relevant EU veterinary legislation.
- Such limitations should not, however, contravene recognised ethical principles and practices, to which researchers have to adhere.
- It should be recalled here that state aid, certain of whose conditions contravene other provisions of the Treaty, cannot be declared to be compatible with the common market.
- On the other hand, no indication that the requirement indicated at point 3.1.2 (campaigns which contravene secondary Community legislation) is also met was provided by the Italian authorities.
- State aid, certain conditions of which contravene other provisions of the Treaty, cannot therefore be declared by the Commission to be compatible with the common market.
- At first sight, the selection of KBM does not appear to contravene Community rules on the coordination of procedures for the award of public service contracts.
- Accordingly, the Commission cannot declare State aid, certain conditions of which contravene other provisions of the Treaty, to be compatible with the common market .
- The measures on labelling requirements appeared to violate Article 2.2 of the WTO Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade and to contravene the recommendations of Article VIII.1(c) of GATT 1994.
- Products covered by this Regulation, which have undergone unauthorised Community oenological practices or, where applicable, unauthorised national oenological practices or which contravene the restrictions laid down in Annex XVb, shall not be marketed in the Community.
- In particular, a firm which gives a client such advice would be likely to contravene the requirement of Article 19(1) to act honestly, fairly and professionally in accordance with the best interests of its clients.
- Similarly or alternatively, such advice would be likely to contravene the requirement of Article 19(2) that information addressed by a firm to a client should be fair, clear and not misleading.
- The Commission cannot apply State aid rules to situations definitively fixed before accession, such as the Postabank share purchase agreement, which is a legally binding act, as this would contravene the principle of non-retroactivity.
- Article 9(3) of the Aarhus Convention provides for access to judicial or other review procedures for challenging acts and omissions by private persons and public authorities which contravene provisions of law relating to the environment.
- However, the Commission accepts the argument that levying such a charge could contravene the principle of legal certainty, having regard to the specific circumstances in which an entirely contingent undertaking/guarantee, such as the indemnity for unknown claims, was given.
- Members of the Union reserve the right to conclude among themselves special agreements for the protection of varieties, insofar as such agreements do not contravene the provisions of this Convention.