to cool off
- feel less enamoured of something or somebody
- Cool off!
- It's starting to cool off.
- Leave your coffee there so it can cool off.
- Let your food cool off a bit; don't eat it while it's hot.
- Allow to cool and decant off the acid.
- The surface sediment can be prepared as follows: extract several sediment cores using a tube of transparent plastic, slice off the upper aerobic layers (from surface to a depth of max. 5 mm) immediately after sampling and pool them together. The resulting sediment sample should be transported in a container with a large air headspace to keep the sediment under aerobic conditions (cool to 4 °C if transport duration exceeds 2-3 hours).