- growing or occurring in many parts of the world
"a cosmopolitan herb"
"cosmopolitan in distribution"
- composed of people from or at home in many parts of the world; especially not provincial in attitudes or interests
"his cosmopolitan benevolence impartially extended to all races and to all creeds"
"the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt"
- There's a very cosmopolitan background.
- The journalist is what you call a cosmopolitan.
- Her standards for men are impossibly high, thanks to a girlhood rich in Disney, Cosmopolitan, and private school.