- adapted to various purposes, sizes, forms, operations
- applicable to or common to all members of a group or set
"the play opened to universal acclaim"
"rap enjoys universal appeal among teenage boys"
- cardankoppeling, cardanoverbrenging
- coupling that connects two rotating shafts allowing freedom of movement in all directions
"in motor vehicles a universal joint allows the driveshaft to move up and down as the vehicle passes over bumps"
- a behavioral convention or pattern characteristic of all members of a particular culture or of all human beings
"some form of religion seems to be a human universal"
- Music is universal.
- Music is a universal language.
- Yidir is a universal artist.
- Music is the universal language.
- English is like a universal language.
- It has no absolute and universal significance.
- English is a kind of universal language.
- "Hello world" is the universal computer program.
- She became an object of universal admiration.
- No taboo is known to be universal
- Do we need a universal language?
- Beauty is a matter of opinion but ugliness is universal.
- The egg is a universal symbol of life and rebirth.
- This is a universal truth that transcends time.
- What kind of people spend time on Toki Pona knowing that Esperanto is the universal language?