- adapted to various purposes, sizes, forms, operations
- applicable to or common to all members of a group or set
"the play opened to universal acclaim"
"rap enjoys universal appeal among teenage boys"
- cardankoppeling, cardanoverbrenging
- coupling that connects two rotating shafts allowing freedom of movement in all directions
"in motor vehicles a universal joint allows the driveshaft to move up and down as the vehicle passes over bumps"
- a behavioral convention or pattern characteristic of all members of a particular culture or of all human beings
"some form of religion seems to be a human universal"