- a task to be dealt with
"securing adequate funding is a time-consuming proposition"
- an offer for a private bargain (especially a request for sexual favors)
- suggest sex to
"She was propositioned by a stranger at the party"
- They accepted the proposition.
- I like your proposition.
- It's a risky proposition.
- I've been considering your proposition.
- I have a proposition, Tom.
- This proposition is demonstratively false.
- I've got an attractive proposition for you.
- I've got a proposition for you.
- He was in favor of the proposition.
- They are in favor of the proposition.
- I absolutely cannot approve the proposition.
- I am in favor of the proposition.
- This isn't an unappealing proposition, is it?
- Their proposition is contrary to ours.
- The result now follows from proposition 1.3.