a cruel act; a deliberate infliction of pain and suffering
feelings of extreme heartlessness
the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance
- Human cruelty has no limits.
- The prisoners were treated with monstrous cruelty.
- I cannot abide to see such cruelty.
- Cruelty is quite alien to his nature.
- Cruelty, it's the first attribute of God.
- We deplore your cruelty to animals.
- He was treated with great cruelty.
- She spoke out strongly against cruelty to animals.
- They condemned him for his cruelty to animals.
- The girl was at the mercy of his cruelty.
- He is a man who I supposed was incapable of such cruelty.
- It is an act of cruelty to lock a small child in his room.
- She gave up eating meat after reading a book about cruelty to animals.
- I will be reminded of tyranny and cruelty, if Nero is said.
- He belongs to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.